I am Maxime Oudiette, in 2012, I joined my parents, Sylvie and Pascal Oudiette on the family estate located in Beaunay in Coteaux du Petit Morin.
On the estate, we cultivate, harvest and press since the 1980s all the grapes from our 3 hectares of vines.
In 2015, I started my first vinifications on the estate.
After several experiences at Champagne Thuillier and Champagne Jacques Selosse to help me find my own way, I had found the basis of my winemaking philosophy:
- Make the soil, the vine and the wine a single symbiotic ecosystem.
- Connecting my wines to their places of origin.
- A balanced inspiration of organic, biodynamic, vitiforestry, and permaculture techniques.
- Each gesture from the vine to the wines must be adaptive to the climatic and biological environment in order to interact efficiently plot by plot.
- All our grapes are pressed and vinified in mono-parcel at the time of pressing. This is the essential rule to understand the influence of the soils on our wines.
The first bottles under the name Oudiette were sold in November 2020.
Léon and Gabrielle Aubert who, after the war, started to work in the vineyards in the commune of Beaunay founded the Estate in the 1920.
Their daughter, Arlette and her husband André Oudiette developed the wine estate throughout their lives and passed it on to their two children.
Pascal Oudiette, the eldest, and his wife Sylvie, have also devoted their lives to cultivating the vines and developing the estate by installing the first wine press in the early 1980s.