Composition : 98% Chardonnay 2% Meunier
08 July 2020
Date of disgorgement
22 Jully 2022
1 Grams per liter
The Rosé d’Infusion started with a simple idea, to apply the tea infusion method to wine.
After pressing, we wait for the Chardonnay juices to ferment, then we pick the most beautiful bunches of Meunier grapes from the “Les Cormonts” parcel.
Then the Meunier grapes are delicately de-stemmed by hand to avoid damaging the grains.
Then we pour the Meunier grapes into the Chardonnay must. From then on, we monitor the infusion several times a day by doing blind tastings to judge the taste; the color does not interest us.
Once the balance of the taste found, we take out the Meunier grapes with a net. Rosé d’Infusion is born and will finish its fermentation in oak barrels.
"Les Gras d'Huile"Chardonnay
- Area : 1 Hectare and 13 Centiares
- Exposition : Sud Est
- Rootstock : 41B
- Year of planting : Section n°1 – 1993, section n°2 – 1998, section n°3 – 2001, section n°4 – 2004
- Area : 15 ares and soixante centiares
- Exposition : Sud
- Rootstock : 41B
- Year of planting : 1968
- Infusion of Meunier berries in a Chardonnay must.
- Wild yeast
- No sulphiting during the harvest
- Batonnage: Only if the wine needs it
- Topping: Only in hot weather.
- 2 Pumping: one pumping is carried out during the harvest and then a second during bottling.
- Liqueur de tirage: Wine made from the blend of the Rosé d'Infusion cuvée brewed with organic unrefined sugar.
- Dosage liqueur: Identical to the tirage liqueur but stored in magnum for 18 months.
Vendange 2019 (100%)
Date of harvest: 09/13/201
Press number: N ° 15
Must temperature: 17 ° c
Maturity: 10.9% vol
FA: Fermentation in indigenous yeasts only.
Settling: From above, at the start of alcoholic fermentation.
FML: Not researched
Vinification and aging: Each year in barrels from the Tonnellerie de Champagne and François Frère. New barrels 20%, barrels of 1 wine 20%, barrels of 4 wines 60%. Maturation of 9 months on fine lees
Sulphiting: No sulphiting during the harvest to facilitate the work of indigenous yeasts. On the other hand, 1 sulphiting of 2gr / hl is applied after the alcoholic fermentation.